(18) 21-23 IV 2021, WhatsApp iconology: Narratives on in-app photographic practices in (transnational) family communication, online conference: Migrant Belongings: Digital Practices and the Everyday, Utrecht University, The Netherlands.
(17) 16-19 X 2019, Post-visual era, digitally mediated communication practices and visual pedagogies of tomorrow, IVLA Conference, Leuven, Belgium.
(16) 5-6 IX 2019, Mapping family constellations and communication practices of Polish transnational families living in Finland, Symposium: “Family Language Policy: Local, National and Transnational Connections” (virtual presentation), University College London, UK.
(15) 4-6 IX 2019, Mapping digital communication practices of transnational Polish families living in Finland — a case of elicitation interviews using interactive collage, ECREA TWG Visual Cultures Conference “Visual Cultures and Communication: Images and Practices on the Move”, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
(14) 16-19 VII 2019, “They allowed students to be creative and crazy” — collaborative teaching of visual research methods, paper co-authored with Rasa Zakeviciute, 6th International Visual Methods Conference, Bucharest, Romania.
(13) 17-19 VI 2019, Mapping family communication practices: The limits of creativity in visual elicitation interviews (paper presentation) and Interactive collage in auto-driven visual elicitation interviews (material workshop), thematic workshop: “Visual prompts and visual methods in multilingualism research: Reflecting on the use of pictures in language-based disciplines”, MultiLing Center for Multilingualism in Society across the Lifespan, University of Oslo, Norway.
(12) 26-28 IV 2018, Toward Assessment of Visual Literacy Skills in Higher Education, 8th Visual Learning Conference, Budapest, Hungary.
(11) 26-28 III 2018, Social scientific perspectives on photographic truth (workshop) and Post-disciplinary pedagogical routes through the photograph (workshop), 4th Helsinki Photomedia Conference, Finland.
(10) 19-22 VI 2017, Assessment of visual literacy skills: Towards more visually oriented higher education? (paper presentation) and Visual Pedagogies (workshop), 35th IVSA Conference, Montreal, Canada.
(9) 9-12 XI 2016, Can visual literacy be assessed? Material practices to visual education. ECREA Conference, Visual Cultures TWG, Prague, Czech Republic.
(8) 7-9 XI 2016, Against compassion fatigue: Children in the visual coverage of the “refugee crisis”. Prague Media Point “Media and Migration”, Prague, Czech Republic.
(7) 10-14 VII 2016, Learning to see: Three approaches to journalistic photography interpretation. Paper presented at the 3rd ISA Forum of Sociology, international conference, Vienna, Austria. Session: visual sociology.
(5) 30 III – 1 IV 2016, Developing Visual Literacy Skills: Intertextuality in Students’ Interpretations of Journalistic Photographs. Paper presented at the 3rd International Conference Helsinki Photomedia Photographic Agencies and Materialities. Panel: Photography Education.
(6) 16-18 IX 2015, Interpretation of journalistic photographs as a tool for visual literacy education. Paper presented at the 4th International Visual Methods Conference, University of Brighton, UK.
(5) 26-28 III 2014, Visually powerful: Content instead of context in the press photography reception process. Paper presented at the 2nd International Conference Helsinki Photomedia 2014 – Photographic Powers.
(4) 28-30 III 2012, Digitalization of photojournalism: An experiment, breaking news, and self-expression. Paper presented at the 2nd NNDV workshop, part of the international Photomedia Conference in Helsinki, Finland.
(3) 13-15 IX 2011, Press photography dismantling: Intertextual analysis. Paper presented at the 2nd International Visual Research Methods Conference at The Open University in Milton Keynes, UK.
(2) 4-5 II 2011, Research key for press photo story analysis based on interdisciplinary studies. Paper presented at the Media Research Days in Turku, in the Visual Media work-group, Finland.
(1) 17-18 XII 2009, Otherness displayed. The role of the press photography in imaging social exclusion. Paper presented at the Academic Nationwide Conference “Exclusion” at the Jagiellonian University in Cracow, Poland.