Postdoctoral funding (43.000€):
- Ella and Georg Ehrnrooth Foundation, received: 12 months grant (31.000€); used: 6 months (VII-XII 2018), 15.500€
- Alfred Kordelin Foundation, 6 months grant (January-June), 12.000€
Doctoral funding (111.776€, travel funding inclusive):
- Department of Communication, University of Jyväskylä, Finland, grant for completing doctoral dissertation: VIII-X 2016 (3 months), 4.800€.
- Kone Foundation, doctoral research grant: IV-VII 2016 (4 months), 9.440€.
- Kone Foundation, doctoral research grant: 2015/2016 (12 months), 27.600€.
- University of Jyväskylä Science Council, FI, international mobility grant: XI-XII 2014 (2 months), 3.100€.
- Kone Foundation, doctoral research grant: 2013/2014 (12 months), 25.200€.
- Starting project grant for “Visuality in Journalism: Collaborative Perspective”: IX 2012-V 2013, Faculty of Humanities, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
- Vitro Doctoral Programme of Communication Studies, Finland, doctoral scholarship: I-V 2012 (5 months), 8.436€.
- Faculty of Humanities, University of Jyväskylä, Finland, doctoral scholarship: IX 2010-XII 2011, 22.400€.
- 2021 IVLA Research Award in recognition of my active involvement in outstanding research that furthers the cause of visual literacy and my achievement in advancing knowledge within the field.
This award is given only when merited, to members of the Association who are actively involved in on-going outstanding research that furthers the cause of visual literacy, who have achieved a substantial, record of scholarly publication, and who have significantly advanced knowledge within the field.
- Education Development Award 2019, in team with Dr. Judit Hahn for collaborative and diverse teaching development work in the Department of Language and Communication Studies. Awarded by the Vice-Rector of the University of Jyväskylä.