I 2019 – XII 2020
Postdoctoral Project Researcher, Department of Language and Communication Studies, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
- Project: What’s in the App? Digitally mediated communication within contemporary multilingual families across time and space. Funded by the Academy of Finland (1.09.2018-31.08.2022). PI: Prof. Åsa Palviainen
VII – XII 2018
Postdoctoral Researcher (grant), Department of Language and Communication Studies, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
- Project: Students’ Visual Literacy Skills across Disciplines in Finnish Higher Education. Grant from the Ella and Georg Ehrnrooth Foundation.
I – VI 2018
Postdoctoral Researcher (grant), Finnish Institute for Educational Research, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
- Project: Students’ Visual Literacy Skills across Disciplines in Finnish Higher Education. Grant from the Alfred Kordelin Foundation.
IX 2010 – XII 2016
Grant Researcher, Department of Communication, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
- Postgraduate research in journalism (visual communication, visual research methods, visual literacy, press photography).
III 2011 – XII 2016
Teacher, Department of Communication, University of Jyväskylä, Finland.
- Course: Visual Research Methods for Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Summer School intensive course: Press Photography: Theory, Practice and Interpretation.
- Workshop: Visual Methods in Analysing Imagery.
- Guest lecture: The Power of Visual Communication: Press Photography.
- Course: Visual Literacy: Press Photography as a Medium.
- Guest lecture: Analysis and Criticism of Journalism: Press Photography Analysis.
- Course: Press Photography as a Medium for Intercultural Communication.
Courses’ descriptions: here
IX 2011 – IX 2012
- Member of the Organizational Committee of the Finnish Conference of Communication Research 2012 in Jyväskylä, Finland. Main responsibilities: designing logo for the conference; organizing students’ photography exhibition.
VI – VII 2010
- Photography Instructor and Children Carer at the holidays’ camp for children, organized by “KOMPAS”, an office for active leisure pursuits, Poland. Main responsibilities: teaching children digital photography through workshops, discussions and games.
VII – IX 2008
- Marketing Executive, AIESEC Management Traineeship in Bangladesh at “PURPLE”, an English magazine published in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Main responsibilities: working with a team of reporters and photographers to develop exciting stories; designing promotional materials and magazine’s website layout; cooperating with web designers; selling advertising space in teh magazine; building long-term marketing relations with corporate sector and top advertising agencies of Bangladesh.